Sarabba is a signature drink of Bugisnese, the native of South Sulawesi. This beverage is made with combining spices that are believed to have beneficial effects for health. Some of sarabba medicinal benefits are improving endurance and stamina, warming body, chasing flu away, dispelling gas and prevent bloating.
Here is a recipe to make sarabba at home.
- 5 glasses water
- 150ml (3/4 of glass) coconut milk
- 300gr palm or brown sugar
- 300gr ginger, washed and bruised
- 2-3 teaspoons pepper powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 whole nutmeg seed, grated
- 1 egg yolk
- Sweetened condensed milk, optional
- Put water and ginger in a saucepan. Bring them to boil.
- Add palm sugar and stir until the sugar dissolves
- Lower the heat and put the coconut milk into the mixture. Keep stirring slowly to maintain the consistency of the coconut milk. Bring to boil again.
- Prepare glasses. Put one egg yolk in a glass. Pour sarabba. Stir well.
- Add sweetened condensed milk if you like.
- Ready to serve
Share and Enjoy
Category: Food and Beverage