Greek traditional food is deemed as one of the healthiest food in the world. Take as an example Tzatziki. It is an appetizer that can also be a dipping sauce. Tzatziki is made with healthy ingredients. One of the ingredients, olive oil, is considered to have multiple benefits for health and beauty. Studies show that olive oil consumption increased the number of high density lipoprotein (HDL), the good cholesterol. It also reduces the risk of blood clot formation that can trigger heart disease. Now we know why Greek has the lowest rates of heart disease. In addition to that, olive oil helps to keep the skin elasticity. In other words, if you want to live like ‘forever’ and have a forever young look then you should incorporate olive oil in your diet and see how it goes.
Below is a recipe for Greek tzatziki.
- Greek yoghurt from 200g strained and 8—10 hour drained plain yogurt
- 2-4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- Half a cucumber, peeled, seeds removed, grated, excess water squeezed out
- 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil
- A pinch of salt (or to your taste)
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice.
- Greek yogurt
- Put the yogurt in a bowl.
- Add with the crushed garlic, cucumber, olive oil, salt and fresh lemon juice.
- Stir the mixture well.
- Garnish with an olive or a slice a lemon.
Have a nice try.
Share and Enjoy
Category: Food and Beverage